Feijoa & Chocolate chip muffin
Makes 12 small or 6 large muffins
As feijoas become plentiful, ensure they don’t go to waste by cooking some of these delicious, tasty muffin treats. They're best eaten still hot from the oven, helping warm you up as autumn fully descends.
•75g of melted butter
•1 tsp of baking powder
•1 tsp of baking soda
•3/4 cup of caster sugar
•11/2 cups of plain white flour
•1/2 cup of white or milk chocolate chips
1. Remove their skins and whizz the feijoas in a food processor.
2. Add eggs, butter, sugar and whizz again.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix in until smooth.
4. Stir in half a cup of chocolate chips.
5. Spoon mix into a greased muffin tray.
6. Bake at 190 oC for around 15 - 18 minutes.
Best served warm.