Little Growers Recipe: Lemon Biscuits
16 Jul, 2021
Looking for an easy recipe to help you use up all the lemons in your backyard, which the kids will love? These biscuits make a delicious snack on a rainy winter day. Makes 12
100g butter, softened
¼ cup caster sugar
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1¼ cups self-raising flour
2 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper, or use a silicon mat.
- Put butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix until pale and creamy. You can use a hand mixer for this.
- Add lemon zest and flour and mix well.
- Use a spoon to create small balls of mixture, place on lined baking tray and then use the spoon to gently flatten balls.
- Bake for approximately 13 minutes, or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Mix lemon juice and icing sugar together and then drizzle mixture over the top of the cookies. Put in the fridge until icing is set.