Pumpkin and Leek Tart
05 Sep, 2021
700g Pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm thick pieces
1 tbspn olive oil
1 quantity of savoury pastry
40g unsalted butter
2 leeks (white part only) thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
¼ (60ml) white wine
300ml thin cream ( I used Lewis Road)
2 eggs, plus 1 yolk
2 tspn chopped thyme
2 tbspn chopped parsley
1 cup (125g) grated Gruyere cheese
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and grease a 26cm loose bottom quiche tin
- Place pumpkin on tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 25 minutes until pumpkin is soft. Put pumpkin into sieve over bowl and allow to drain for ½ hour.
- Roll out pastry on lightly floured board and line quiche tin, bake blind for 10 minutes. Meanwhile melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat, add leek and garlic and cook stirring for 3-4 mins until leeks soften, add wine and reduce for 2-3 minutes until most liquid has evaporated then cool.
- Place pumpkin, leek mixture, cream, eggs, yolk, thyme and parsley in food processor and process until smooth. Stir in cheese and nutmeg, season well. Pour pumpkin mixture into quiche shell and bake for 35-40 minutes until firm and golden.
- For lunch serve with fresh green salad or pan fry mushrooms in a little unsalted butter for 2-3 minutes and serve warm. Serves 4-6