28 Dec, 2020
Stuffed from the Christmas and tired of slaving over the stove. This Summer Frittata is light, easy to make, delightfully summery and goes well with a summer salad.
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
12 large eggs
1⁄2 cup sour cream
1⁄4 cup freshly chopped basil, plus more for garnish
1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
¾ cup crumbled feta
1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Preheat frying pan. Add ½ tablespoon olive oil and add zucchini slices. Drizzle with another ½ tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fry until softened and brown, 2 minutes per side.
- Preheat oven to 375C. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in ½ cup feta and ¾ of the tomatoes.
- Cook red onion until softened, 3 minutes. Add to a large oven-proof dish and then add the egg mixture into pan. Place in the oven and let cook until beginning to brown around edges, 5 minutes. Cover top of frittata with zucchini slices and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup feta.
- Place dish back in oven and cook for around 15 minutes, until the top is golden and centre is set.
- Let cool slightly, then top with remaining tomatoes and basil. Serve in wedges directly from pan.