03 Dec, 2021
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cup grated courgette
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp vanilla essence
2 cup white sugar
3 cup white all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts (or a mix of nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C bake.
- Mix oil and eggs. Add the sugar and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix all remaining dry ingredients before adding to the current wet mixture.
- Add courgettes and nuts and stir in well. Set aside.
- Prepare two loaf pans by greasing them thoroughly and divide mixture evenly between them.
- Put into heated oven and bake for 1 hour or until cooked, check texture with a toothpick. Do not leave in the oven as this will make the loaves become dry.
- Let cool for 10 mins in pans before gently wedging out with a spatula.
You can also freeze your second loaf to enjoy later!