Little Growers Activity: Christmas Tree Pots
18 Dec, 2020
Many Christmas DIY crafts and games are winter themed, and sometimes it is hard to find something that is suitable for the summer for the kids. This is what we have creates a DIY with terracotta pots that the kids can decorate that are seasonal, and can be used after Christmas in the garden!
What you’ll need:
3 Terracotta pots, small, medium and large
Green, red and yellow paint
A paint brush
Small bamboo stick
How to make them:
- Put newspaper down before you get your paints out.
- Get your terracotta pots and paint the outside of them green, including painting the bottom of the smallest pot, let them dry in the sun.
- While you are waiting for the paint to dry, get your pencil and cardboard and draw an outside of a star. Cut this out carefully. This will be the star for the pot of the pot Christmas tree.
- Once the green paint is dry, colour the outside rims of the pots yellow. Let dry.
- While waiting, paint your star yellow.
- When the paint is dry, you can now paint dots all over the tree pots. These will look like the trees ornaments.
- When everything is dry, turn your pots upside down and stack them on top of each other.
- Get your bamboo stick and on one end tape the star. Put the bamboo stick down the drainage holes at the top of your tree
- End your Pot Christmas tree!