Little Growers Activity: Make your own Tee-Pea
11 Nov, 2021
Want to do a fun garden activity with the kids this weekend that they can enjoy in summer? Try out this cool Tee-Pea idea!
How you do it:
- Create a circle about 2m in diameter. Do this by sticking a pole in the ground where the middle will roughly be, tie a bit of string to the bottom and make a 1m mark on the string. As you walk around the pole in a circle, mark the grass.
- Dig out around the marked circle about 30cm deep, mix in your compost with your original soil, making the soil richer and free-draining.
- Plant your beans or pea seeds once every 15 – 20cm. Mark with a bamboo stake and lean them towards the pole, tying each one with string.
- Water your seeds deeply every morning. Protect the seedlings with Quash pellets or from birds when they are small with bird netting.
- Once the plants climb up the stakes and make a tee-pee shape, put a blanket down inside and play in the shade!