Little Growers Activity: Seed Flower Balls
02 Feb, 2022
What you will need:
• 1 large mixing bowl
• 1/2 to 1 cup flower seeds
• 3 cups potters’ clay OR clay soil from the garden
• 5 cups compost (peat-free)
How to do it:
1. Put seeds, clay and compost in the bowl and mix together.
2. Slowly mix in water, bit-by-bit with bare hands, until everything sticks together.
3. Roll mixture into small, firm balls.
4. Put the balls in a sunny spot to dry.
5. When finished, either give as gifts to friends and family, or use in your own garden by throwing them up in the air. Plants will grow wherever they land!
If you are using fine seeds, mix in some sand to top up your half cup.