13 Nov, 2021
180g butter, softened
½ cup icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
⅓ cup custard powder
1½ cups flour
½ cup icing sugar, plus extra if needed
1 tbsp custard powder
2 tbsp softened butter
½ tsp vanilla essence
pulp of 2 fresh Black Beauty passionfruit (or one Panama passionfruit)
- To make the biscuits, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In mixing bowl combine butter, icing sugar and vanilla. Cream mixture until it is light and fluffy (this can be mixed by hand or using an eggbeater). Sift in the custard power and flour and stir in well. Roll mixture into 20–24 teaspoon-sized balls and place onto prepared baking tray. Flatten gently with the back of a fork or spoon.
- Bake for around 15 minutes, taking care to not let the biscuits get too brown. Transfer to a cake rack and leave to cool.
- To make the filling, beat icing sugar, custard powder, butter and vanilla together until smooth then stir in the passionfruit pulp. Stir in extra icing sugar if mix is too wet.
- Spread some filling onto the underneath of two biscuits and sandwich together to make a yoyo shape. Repeat with remaining biscuits.