Roasted Cauliflower & Dates with Whipped Tahini Yoghurt
22 Sep, 2021
1 Medium Head Cauliflower, chopped into florets
12 Medjool Dates
1 Tbsp Sumac
100g Thick Greek Yoghurt
1 ½ Tbsp Tahini
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Large Lemon, juice and zest
1 tsp Crushed Garlic
Handful of Roasted Almonds, roughly chopped
Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley
- Preheat oven on fan grill to 220 degrees Celsius and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Arrange cauliflower florets evenly around the tray, making sure there is about a 1cm gap between each piece (depending on the size of your cauliflower, you will most likely need to complete this step in 2 batches).
- Drizzle with olive oil, season well with sea salt and dust liberally with the sumac. Roast the cauliflower under the grill for about 12 minutes for each batch, watching carefully – you want to remove from the oven as soon as the edges of the cauliflower reach a nice caramel colour.
- Keeping the oven on, remove the pits from the dates and use your hands to rip into rough quarters. Spread evenly on a new lined oven tray and place under the grill for about 5 minutes until the surface of the dates are slightly caramelised.
- Remove from oven and set aside with the cauliflower to cool.
- To make the tahini yoghurt, combine all dressing ingredients in a medium sized bowl, season with salt and pepper, and whisk vigorously until completely smooth.
- To assemble, spread the tahini yoghurt evenly around a large serving platter. Top with the warm cauliflower, dates, and sprinkle over roasted almonds, pomegranate seeds and chopped parsley.