05 Oct, 2021
¾ cup rolled oats
¾ cup wholemeal flour
1⁄2 cup sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
⅓ cup sugar
1 cup Greek-style yogurt
250g cream cheese
grated rind from 1 orange
seeds and juice of 6 ripe tamarillos
one cinnamon stick
- Gently melt the butter and thoroughly mix in all of the base ingredients.
- Line the bottom of a greased spring-form cake tin with baking paper. Press base mix so that it fully lines the bottom. Place into fridge to chill.
- Mix the filling ingredients thoroughly (a food processor makes this much easier) and pour on to the base.
Cook for 45 mins to 1 hour at 180C until firm.
- Heat seeds and juice of 6 ripe tamarillos in a small saucepan with 3 tbsp sugar and the cinnamon stick. Simmer rapidly for 5 minutes until the mix has reduced.
- Pour the tamarillo mix over the cheesecake.
- Serve when cool.