06 Aug, 2021
1 cup milk
1½ tbsp white vinegar
1 cup white flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1½ cup freshly picked blueberries, plus extra to serve
butter for cooking
lemon juice, syrup of choice and sugar, to serve
- Mix milk and vinegar together, then let sit for 3 minutes.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl. Whisk in the egg, then stir in the milk mixture and the melted butter until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a little butter in a pan over a medium heat until melted.
- Pour enough batter into the pan to just cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until bubbles start appearing on the top of the pancake. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 minute, then serve with lemon juice, syrup, sugar and extra blueberries.