You have no items in your wheelbarrow.
Winter is a great time to enjoy an abundance of limes, lemons, oranges, grapefruit and mandarins. But with so many delicious varieties of citrus available it's a good idea to use up any surplus by starting to bake. Here is one of our favourite orange recipes, perfect for using up excess oranges in an interesting and delightfully tasty way.
•125g butter softened •1/4 cup milk •1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice •2 eggs •3/4 cup caster sugar •1 1/2 cups self-raising flour sifted •1 tbs orange zest.
•1/3 cup butter softened •1 1/2 cups icing sugar sifted • 2 tbs orange juice *to taste • 1/2 tsp orange zest.
1. Combine all loaf ingredients and beat thoroughly for 3 minutes.
2. Pour mixture into a greased 20cm x 10cm loaf or 20cm ring tin.
3. Bake in centre of 180C oven for 30-40 minutes.
4. Turn onto wire rack and allow to cool.
5. Mix all icing ingredients together until smooth.
6. Ice your orange loaf with the icing.