- 21/2 cups of plain white flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup of raspberries - fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Preheat oven to 190 °C. Grease a 20 x 20cm baking dish.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and brown sugar and whisk to combine. Use your fingertips where needed to break up the brown sugar.
- Add butter and rub into the mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Prepare raspberries by adding them to a bowl with the white sugar and cornflour and mix using an electric mixer on low until combined.
- Place 3/4 of the crumb mix into the baking tray. Press the mix firmly to creat the crust.
- Spread the raspberries over the crumb mix. Leave around 1/2cm off around the edges.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mix over the raspberries and lightly press down.
- Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.