Raspberry Crumble Bar
12 Oct, 2021
2 1⁄2 cups plain white flour
1⁄4 tsp baking soda
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄2 cup soft brown sugar
1⁄4 cup white sugar
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1 cup raspberries - fresh or frozen
2 tsp cornflour
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease a 20 x 20cm baking dish.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and brown sugar and whisk to combine. Use your fingertips where needed to break up the brown sugar.
- Add butter and rub into the mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Prepare raspberries by adding them to a bowl with the white sugar and cornflour and mix using an electric mixer on low until combined.
- Place ¾ of the crumb mix into the baking tray. Press the mix firmly to create the crust.
- Spread the raspberries over the crumb mix. Leave around 1⁄2 cm off around the edges.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mix over the raspberries and lightly press down.
- Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.